Five reasons we should all love a quirky occasional chair:
1. Choose one with a gorgeous colour and it will elevate any room
2. Even though they are used only occasionally they are both decorative and functional
3. If your room is lacking a focal point your quirky chair becomes the star of the room
4. It welcomes visitors and becomes a source of conversation
5. Chairs can be romantic, edgy, sophisticated or just absolutely crackers, so go on – show your personality!
When searching for what is to become your favourite chair in your most special space here is a helpful list of styles for you to think about – cube, fan, club, modern club, shell, dandelion, director’s, barcelona, barrel, bergere, butterfly, bubble,chaise longue, cogswell, corner, curule, dante, eames lounge, easy, egg, fauteuil, slipper – who would’ve thought?! (and I could go on)
If you already possess your perfect perch but it’s looking sad and dull then treat it to a makeover; not always the least expensive way forward but a beautiful chair can become a piece of art.
Whatever your style there is no need to feel constrained when it comes to an occasional chair – it can be your freedom to push the borders and be bold or frivolous. The humble chair is one of the oldest pieces of furniture invented and every home deserves a very special one.