Painting Furniture - The Recipe.
“The Great British Paint Off” - Painting furniture can be great fun, and a freshly painted dresser, chair or table will add character and personality to your home.
Look at the space you will place your furniture and pick out tones already present. The recipe below uses Farrow & Ball “easy greys” – very soothing – you may wish to use “warm tones” or something more “Matisse”. Here we go – Happy Spring Daze!
You will need:
· 1 x Chest of 6 Drawers
· 1 x 750mL Wood Combined Primer & Undercoat (White & Light Tones)
· 1 x 750mL Tin Estate Eggshell in each of Ammonite, Purbeck Stone & Mole’s Breath
· 1 x Farrow & Ball 2” paintbrush
· 1 x sheet each of 80 and 120 Grit Sandpaper
1. Remove drawers & knobs, sand to the finish of your taste, remove dust, dirt & grease
2. Apply Undercoat to the chest & drawer fronts. Bake in the spring sun (or indoors) for 4 hours
3. Paint 2 coats of each colour to 2 drawer fronts, bake again between coats.
4. Leave overnight to harden before fitting knobs and replacing drawers, from darker to lighter tones bottom to top.
(Image - credit rockmystyle.co.uk)