Each year brings new and exciting interior trends … one of the most interesting and captivating for 2019 and going forward is ‘amazing metallics’ with their alluring, shiny excitement. So here are the 6 best ways to add this touch of glamour to your home:
1. Surprise! Try a scatter cushion or three. There are many plaid and velvet fabrics that incorporate metallics so there’s a really fresh look scatter cushion theme for you
2. An occasional table is perhaps a less obvious choice but a metal trimmed or shimmering metal table top will have a big impact anywhere it is placed
3. Choose a shimmering metal vivacious vase or planter to add a striking statement to any surface
4. Bring a pop of luxury and superb styling to your table at meal times with Rose or Copper Cutlery Sets (and there are many more metallic kitchen accessories – I could get really carried away!)
5. Metallic Lighting is nothing new but definitely one worth mentioning as a reminder. With a huge selection of pendants in mixed metals they are timeless and look great particularly in kitchens & bathrooms
6. Then, to top it all, if you’re looking for a subtle shimmer to add a touch of drama and luxury to your room Farrow & Ball have transformed 9 of their best loved designs in their collection of wallpapers with a selection of covetable metallic prints
So be the subject of amazed glances and go for gold or copper or silver or the latest tone ‘gilver’ (a mix of gold & silver) – Very Metal Vyvian!